This Southern Sausage Cheddar Quiche recipe makes a quick and easy breakfast recipe. Ready and on the table in 30 minutes, it is a Southern update to a classic!
Like everyone else I know, mornings are always busy around our house – even on the weekends! That’s when I turn to recipes like this Southern Sausage Cheddar Quiche recipe! Made with a simple cream biscuit crust, it is out of this world delicious and a definite family favorite!
To make it, I begin with my two ingredient cream biscuit recipe as the crust. You can’t get much simpler than two ingredients for a delicious crust like this one! For this biscuit dough, I use White Lily® self-rising flour. Made with soft winter wheat, it makes light, fluffy and delicious biscuits and works like a charm in this quiche crust!
Once you have your dough mixed together, you press the dough into the bottom of a medium skillet and up the sides of the skillet about two inches.
Next, I brown my sausage and add to the biscuit dough. Then, top with the grated cheddar cheese.
And then you’ll whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour over the sausage and cheddar.
And then pop it into the oven to bake until the eggs have set and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let rest for a minute or so before slicing.
I know, it sure is hard to wait!
Here’s my Southern Sausage Cheddar Quiche Recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spread softened butter along in the inside of a medium (12-inch) skillet. Set aside.
- Stir together self-rising flour and heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl until just combined. Press the dough into the bottom of the skillet and about 2-inches up the sides of the skillet. Set aside.
- In another medium skillet set over medium heat, crumble and brown the ground breakfast sausage, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the browned sausage from the skillet and sprinkle onto the biscuit dough.Top the sausage with the cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the cheese.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake until the eggs are set the breakfast pizza is golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
Disclosure: I’m excited to continue working with White Lily®.