Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
Hashbrown Casserole Recipe – A cheesy potato side dish that comes together in a snap! Perfect to serve when entertaining and a staple on the holiday table!
Good morning, friends!
I have a feeling that you’ve all had this delicious recipe that I’m sharing with you today. Either at a restaurant, at a friend of family member’s, or even at your church or office pot luck. It is definitely a timeless classic.
And for good reason!
But, as I was preparing it the other day for an extended family meal, I realized it was on of the recipes that I had neglected sharing my own version of with you.
How in the world did that happen?! 🙂
I love that this hashbrown casserole recipe comes together so quickly with less than 10 ingredients, can be mixed together and stored in the refrigerator ahead of time to make entertaining even easier, and is a dish that everyone just loves!
Think loaded baked potatoes meets creamy, crunchy hashbrowns!
To make it, I simply add all of the ingredients, saving a little bit of cheese to sprinkle on top during baking, to a large mixing bowl and stir it well until all of the ingredients are combined. Then, I spread it into a 9×13 baking dish and refrigerate up to 3 days before baking.
Then, when I’m ready to bake, I preheat the oven and bake it until the potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes and add the remaining cheese.
Once the cheese melts, this deliciousness is ready for serving!
How easy is that?!
Here’s my Hashbrown Casserole Recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds frozen diced or shredded potatoes
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups homemade cream of chicken soup or 1 10-ounce can storebought
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Lightly butter a 9x13 baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together the diced potatoes, half of the cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, melted butter, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes and then top the hashbrown casserole with the remaining cheddar cheese. Return the hashbrown casserole to the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm.
Prepare hashbrown casserole without baking, cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To serve, bake as directed and serve.
Prepare hashbrown casserole without baking, store in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake as directed and serve.
All images and text © Robyn Stone for Add a Pinch