Easy Cheddar Cheese Muffins are so moist, tender and delicious! This cheesy bread is perfect for serving with soup, stew, BBQ or any meal!
My Grandmother always had fresh, warm bread fresh from the oven that she would serve with supper each night. From her skillet cornbread to biscuits or even homemade dinner rolls. As a little girl, they were one of my favorite parts of any meal she served and then as Sam came was a young little boy, they were his favorite, too. These easy cheddar muffins have always been one of my absolute most loved that she would make. They are so simple to mix together for a quick and easy homemade bread that everyone loves!
We love them served with soups, stews, pulled pork, or even alongside a salad. They are always a hit!
Homemade Cheddar Muffins Recipe
To make these homemade cheddar muffins, you’ll only need handful of ingredients and less than 30 minutes!
To start, you’ll whisk together your dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. To that, you’ll add your shredded cheddar cheese. I like to buy my cheddar cheese on the block and then use a box grater to shred my cheese by hand.
Gently toss your shredded cheese in the flour mixture to coat the cheese.
Whisk together your milk, melted butter and egg and then stir it into the flour and cheese mixture until it is just combined. Be careful not to overmix it or you will have tough muffins.
Spoon the mixture into your prepared muffin tin and then bake until lightly golden brown, between 20 and 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and serve warm.
Make Ahead Instructions
You can make these cheddar muffins ahead of time as well. Simply bake as directed and then allow to cool completely. Transfer them to freezer-safe container and store for up to 3 months. Then, reheat and serve.
Here’s my Easy Cheddar Muffins Recipe. I hope you enjoy them!
Cheddar Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Lightly spray muffin tin with baking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the shredded cheese and gently toss together with the flour mixture.
- Stir together the egg, milk, and melted butter in another small bowl. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the cheese muffin mixture into the prepared muffin pan. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.