This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Garlic Shrimp Recipe – This garlic shrimp recipe is ready and on the table in 15 minutes! It’s an easy shrimp recipe so perfect served with pasta, cheesy grits or on it’s own. This garlic butter shrimp is a delicious favorite!
I love quick and easy recipes like this garlic shrimp. Simple, scrumptious and sublime.
It is one that I turn to time and again when I need a simple weeknight recipe for supper in a hurry and I love how versatile it is!
How to Serve Easy Garlic Shrimp
But you guys, it is pretty amazing just right on its own! As a matter of fact, it is one of those dishes that I have to be sure not to let myself have more than one as I taste test before serving. It is pretty easy to just keep right on with one more, and another, and then another. That’s when you know the recipe is good! And thankfully, it couldn’t get much easier to make!
This garlic shrimp recipe is also great to serve for lunch with a side salad or even as an appetizer with hunks of crusty bread to dip up all of that delicious garlic butter pools underneath the shrimp.
It definitely makes for a comforting dish when you serve it that way. I like to just serve right from the skillet with a basket of the bread right beside the skillet so that everyone can just dig right in.
Best Shrimp to Use:
For the shrimp, if you use frozen, just make sure they are fully thawed and then rinsed well and drained.
- Fresh Gulf Shrimp – I love to use fresh Gulf shrimp as much as possible.
- Frozen Shrimp – If you use frozen shrimp, make sure that it is fully thawed and then rinsed well and drained before cooking.
How Much Garlic to Use for Garlic Shrimp:
For the garlic, I’ve tried various amounts of garlic to shrimp ratios and found that we all prefer 6 medium-sized cloves of garlic minced. You can certainly adjust the amount of garlic up or down based on your personal preferences.
What Seasonings to Use in Garlic Shrimp:
The pinch of red pepper flakes is completely optional, but I think it adds a depth of flavor to the garlic shrimp. If you do not like or can not have spices, simply omit it. It will still taste delicious!
Also, the chopped parsley adds a fresh flavor to this garlic shrimp that we just love. It also adds color and makes the shrimp prettier! 🙂 I just love that it also adds a slight green hue to the butter.
Isn’t it gorgeous?!
Buttery, with a hint of heat from the red pepper flakes, I especially love that this garlic shrimp is one of those dishes that I can make week in and week out without a single complaint from my family.
Don’t you love recipes like that?
Other Easy Shrimp Recipes We Love:
- Brown Butter Shrimp
- Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe
- Shrimp Creole Recipe
Here’s my Easy Garlic Shrimp recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring often until it just begins to turn pink.
- Stir in the minced garlic, lemon juice, remaining butter, red pepper flakes, and the parsley and continue to cook until the shrimp is fully pink and opaque about 3 minutes.