This Cilantro Lime Shrimp Avocado Salad recipe has all the flavors of summer in every delicious bite! So quick and easy to toss together and perfect for a lunch or a light supper!
This past weekend, we were in sunny Florida and all that gorgeous weather had me craving summery dishes like this salad. When I got home, I couldn’t wait to make it!
If you have made and enjoy my other shrimp avocado salad, I think you will love this one, too!
Talk about the perfect quick-fix lunch!
To make it, I started with a head of fresh romaine that I chopped and then topped with fresh shrimp, avocado, diced red onions, grape tomatoes, and an amazingly easy and tasty cilantro lime vinaigrette dressing.
I then lightly tossed it all together to make sure everything was evenly coated with the dressing and added just a bit more chopped fresh cilantro to the salad for serving. While it isn’t necessary, it sure does make the salad even prettier, I think.
It is simply scrumptious!
Here’s my Cilantro Lime Shrimp Avocado Salad recipe. If you are craving summer, I think you’ll love it!
- 1 large or 2 medium head(s) fresh romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 pounds boiled or steamed shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into large pieces
- 2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- For the Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro + more if desired
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add chopped romaine lettuce to a large bowl. Top with shrimp, avocado, tomatoes and red onion.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to evenly distribute the dressing and serve.