These Slow Cooker Green Beans are such a delicious and easy green beans recipe! Cooked in a flavorful marinade, these have everyone coming back for more!
Are you looking for an easy as can be side dish recipe that everyone will rave over?
Well friends, this green beans recipe certainly is a favorite around my house and I think you’ll love it just as much as we do!
I love that you add the green beans along with the “marinade” to the slow cooker, pop the lid onto the slow cooker, set the timer and walk away!
How easy is that?
Slow Cooker Green Beans Recipe
I start with about 3 pounds of fresh green beans that I’ve washed and trimmed the ends.
Do you know that trick?
Just line up a bunch of your green beans on your cutting board and chop the ends off of them in one fell swoop. Talk about a time saver!
How to Make Slow Cooker Green Beans
To the green beans, you’ll add the special marinade that my Mama would use from time to time when making her green beans. They add a special flavor to the green beans that just tastes amazing and is the reason that we’d always go back for seconds of the vegetables growing up!
Mama always used soy sauce, but if you are sensitive to soy like I am, you can also use coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce. It seriously works like a charm.
Give the green beans a good stir to make sure that they are all well coated with the marinade and then turn on the timer, top your slow cooker with the lid and you are done for 3 hours if you choose to cook your slow cooker green beans on high or 6 hours if you use the low setting. Of course, they can go as long as 8 hours if you need to set your slow cooker in the morning before work for the day.
These slow cooker green beans are tender with a slight crunch to them still once they’ve cooked. If you like a more tender green bean, add about 1/2 cup of chicken stock or water even to the green beans as they cook.
At the end of their cooking time, cook a few slices of bacon that you’ve diced. You’ll want to cook it until it is nice and crispy. Then, remove the bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon and add the bacon to the top of your cooked green beans.
Here’s my Slow Cooker Green Beans recipe. I hope you enjoy them!
Slow Cooker Green Beans Recipe
- 3 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth optional
- 3 slices bacon diced (optional)
- Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, and the soy sauce or coconut aminos until smooth.
- Add the green beans to at least a 4-quart slow cooker. Pour the marinade over the top. Toss to coat. Secure the lid of the slow cooker and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. If you prefer a more tender green bean, add the optional chicken stock or water to the the slow cooker for cooking your green beans.
- Cook the diced bacon until crispy, if using. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon and add to the top of your green beans once they have finished cooking for serving.