Barbacoa is so easy to to make in your slow cooker for a tender, delicious beef barbacoa recipe that rivals that restaurant favorite! So simple and full of flavor!
One of my favorite things to order when we happen to be in an area where we can visit a certain restaurant has always been their barbacoa. It always makes for a meal that is out of this world. But, even though restaurant barbaco may be readily available in most areas, they are few and far between in my neck of the woods. As in, I’d have to drive about 40 miles to the nearest one.
Easy Barbacoa Recipe
Even though I love it, I’m not willing to drive 40 miles for many things outside of a little bit of Christmas shopping – and even that is a push sometimes.
So when I have a craving for something I’ve learned to figure out how to make it at home. And you guys, this barbacoa is absolutely amazing and couldn’t be easier to make either.
How to Make Easy Barbacoa Recipe
To make my easy barbacoa beef recipe, I just toss a chuck roast into my slow cooker, along with the beef broth, apple cider vinegar, garlic, chilis, and spices and let the slow cooker do all the work for me!
I cook it on low for eight hours and then shred it with two forks so that it absorbs even more of that delicious sauce and serve it up.
How to Serve Beef Barbacoa
Barbacoa is delicious in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, soups, and salads. That spicy kick is unmistakably delicious! We especially love to toast tortillas and then pile on our barbacoa with our favorite toppings of red onion and additional cilantro. Served with a side of salsa and a fresh squeeze of lime, it is a meal we always love!
Here’s my Easy Barbacoa recipe. I think you are going to make this again and again!
Easy Barbacoa Recipe
- 1 (4-5 pound) chuck roast
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2-3 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- red onion
- Add chuck roast to the insert of slow cooker. In a 2 cup measuring cup stir together beef broth, apple cider vinegar, garlic, chilis, adobo sauce, cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt. Pour into slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Shred beef in the slow cooker using two forks. Serve barbacoa with a drizzle of additional sauce.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator or in the freezer for a few months.