Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe - Loaded with vegetables, this vegetable soup is made even easier in the slow cooker! Includes optional ground beef for meat lovers as well as vegan options!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
- 2 pounds ground beef optional
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mixed vegetables or 2 (15-ounce) cans mixed vegetables drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen Lima beans or 1 (15-ounce) can Lima beans drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn off the cob or 1 (15-ounce( can niblet corn drained
- 2 cups carrots sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can carrots drained
- 4 pounds peeled and diced whole tomatoes or 4 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes and okra
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Cook ground beef, if using, and onions until browned. Drain away the drippings from the browned beef and discard the drippings. Add the beef and onions to the slow cooker along with all other ingredients.
Cook in the slow cooker for 4 hours on low.
Taste and adjust seasonings as needed
For a vegetarian version of this soup, simply omit the ground beef.
Allow vegetable soup to cool. Place into the refrigerator in an airtight container and store for up to 5 days.
Allow vegetable soup to cool. Place into freezer-safe container and store for up to 3 months. To reheat, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat over medium-low heat on the stovetop until heated throughout, about 15 minutes.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 7920IU | Vitamin C: 31.2mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 6.3mg