Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice Recipe
Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice Recipe – A traditional Creole red beans and rice recipe that everyone loves made easy in the slow cooker!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
- 1 pound dried red kidney beans rinsed
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage thinly sliced (andouille or smoked)
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 7 cups water
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- green onions chopped, for garnish
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
Add red kidney beans, smoked sausage, celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder, and water to a 6-quart slow cooker. Set on high setting and cook for 6 hours.
Cook rice according to package directions.
Serve red beans over top of the cooked rice. Top with fresh green onions and parsley.
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 826mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 4mg