General Tsos Chicken Recipe
This General Tsos Chicken Recipe brings a favorite take-out dish home! So quick and easy and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 red chili peppers minced (deseeded for less heat)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 green onions cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Drizzle olive oil into large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in chili peppers, garlic, and onion and cook until fragrant and the onions are tender, about 3 more minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and honey and cook until thick and reduced, about 10 minutes. Stir in green onions and serve.