Shrimp Boil Recipe
Summertime in the South always means it's time for a Shrimp Boil! Perfect for outdoor entertaining or even when camping, this recipe is written based on how much per person you'll need for a successful shrimp boil.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 1-2 bags crab boil per pot
- 1-2 small small red-skinned potatoes per person
- 1/2 pound smoked or polish sausage per person
- 1 ear corn on the cobb per person, cleaned and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound raw deveined shrimp per person
- 1/4 pound crawfish per person, optional
Fill a large pot 2/3 full with cold water. Add the bag(s) of crab boil and bring to a rolling boil. Turn down heat if needed to maintain a low to medium boil. Add in potatoes and sausage and allow to cook for about 20 - 25 minutes, add in corn. When potatoes have softened to fork tender, add in shrimp and crawfish (optional) and cook to taste, for about 3-5 minutes until shrimp are pink throughout and done.
Remove all from the boiling water and serve warm.