Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe
Chocolate Chess Pie is a quintessential Southern chocolate pie. Get this family favorite chocolate chess pie recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons butter melted and slightly cooled
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust unbaked
Preheat oven to 325º F.
Whisk sugar, cocoa, flour, and espresso powder (if using) and salt together. Pour butter and evaporated milk into sugar and cocoa mixture and beat on high speed. Add vanilla and eggs. With mixer speed on high speed, mix for approximately 2-3 minutes to lighten.
Pour mixture into 9 inch unbaked pie shell and bake for about 55 minutes. The center of the pie will be a bit soft. Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before slicing. The pie will continue to set as it cools.