Grandmother Verdie's Strawberry Cake Recipe
Delicious Southern family recipe for Strawberry Cake
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1 Box Duncan Hines White Cake Mix
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 (3-0z) box Strawberry Flavored Gelatin, Jello
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Crisco Oil coconut oil, or melted butter
- 4 Eggs
- 1 (10-oz.) box Birdseye Frozen Halved Strawberries in Syrup thawed and divided
Preheat ovens to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 3 8-inch round cake pans.
Add cake mix, flour, gelatin, water, oil and eggs to a large mixing bowl. Add half of the box of strawberries (other half will be used in frosting). Mix all ingredients together in mixer until well combined.
Divide batter evenly into the cake pans.
Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cake layers comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool completely.