Apple Crisp Oatmeal is the perfect combination of a much loved fall dessert and breakfast! Ready in minutes, my apple crisp oatmeal is definitely a family favorite!
Mornings and oatmeal go hand-in-hand around my house throughout the year, but especially on the mornings when we are looking for something comforting, quick and delicious!
Now that our mornings have gotten cooler, I decided to bring the flavors of one of my favorite fall desserts to breakfast with this Apple Crisp Oatmeal recipe!
The mingling of oats, apples, and cinnamon all under a crunchy, apple crisp topping will make this one oatmeal recipe that you’ll turn to time and again!
To make my Apple Crisp Oatmeal, I begin by adding old fashioned oats, water, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat. I bring to a boil and then once the oatmeal has thickened, I remove from the heat and stir in the apples and vanilla and divide the oatmeal between two to four oven-safe bowls.
While the oatmeal is cooking, I mix together brown sugar, oats and butter until crumbly. Then, I sprinkle the brown sugar and oat mixture on top of the oatmeal and bake until browned, about 5 minutes.
So simple to make, it comes together quickly and makes for one mighty delicious dish!
Here’s my Apple Crisp Oatmeal recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Apple Crisp Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Stir together the oats, water, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stirring often, cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in apples and the vanilla. Divide the oatmeal between two to four oven-safe bowls.
- While oatmeal is cooking, combine the brown sugar, oats, and the salted butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of the oatmeal and place into the preheated oven. Bake until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.