This post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company. As always, all opinions are my own.
Apple Crisp Oatmeal is the perfect combination of a much loved fall dessert and breakfast! Ready in minutes, my apple crisp oatmeal is definitely a family favorite!
Mornings and oatmeal go hand-in-hand around my house throughout the year, but especially on the mornings when we are looking for something comforting, quick and delicious!
Now that our mornings have gotten cooler, I decided to bring the flavors of one of my favorite fall desserts to breakfast with this Apple Crisp Oatmeal recipe!
The mingling of oats, apples, and cinnamon all under a crunchy, apple crisp topping will make this one oatmeal recipe that you’ll turn to time and again!
To make my Apple Crisp Oatmeal, I begin by combining my Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats, water, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat. I bring to a boil and then once the oatmeal has thickened, I remove from the heat and stir in the apples and vanilla and divide the oatmeal between two to four oven-safe bowls.
While the oatmeal is cooking, I mix together brown sugar, oats and butter until crumbly. Then, I sprinkle the brown sugar and oat mixture on top of the oatmeal and bake until browned, about 5 minutes.
So simple to make, it comes together quickly and makes for one mighty delicious dish!
And how about this for a little more oatmeal inspiration: Quaker’s three finalist flavors in its first-ever Bring Your Best Bowl contest were revealed! Apple Cheddar Rosemary, Lemon Ricotta Pancake and Vanilla Chai are available at stores for a limited time! Be sure to try all three and vote for your favorite! Voting ends this Saturday! (11/19/16)
Here’s my Apple Crisp Oatmeal recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 1 cup Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Stir together the oats, water, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stirring often, cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in apples and the vanilla. Divide the oatmeal between two to four oven-safe bowls.
- While oatmeal is cooking, combine the brown sugar, oats, and the salted butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of the oatmeal and place into the preheated oven. Bake until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.