This granola bar recipe is packed full of flavor. Dark chocolate, dried cherries and pistachios make this an out of this world granola bar!
My family loves granola bars, especially for a quick on the go snack, to pack in Bart’s and Sam’s backpacks when they are headed out for a camping trip, or even with a cup of coffee for breakfast. They are always a favorite. But lately I’ve noticed that we’ve gotten a bit persnickety about them over the years. We like them not too sweet and so full of flavor that you know exactly what is in them.
Through the years, we’ve experimented with so many flavor combinations, but I have to tell you that right now, these are our favorites. We can’t get enough of them!
Maybe it is the dark chocolate and cherry combination, but I personally think the pistachios just give these granola bars a little kicker in the flavor department that makes me love them even more. I also include almonds in these granola bars, but you can definitely use all pistachios if you like.
Here’s the recipe for my Dark Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Granola Bars. Whew, that’s a mighty long name, isn’t it? I sure hope you love them as much as we do!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Granola Bars Recipe
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Stir together oats, pistachios, dried cherries and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar, honey, coconut oil, and nut butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until completely dissolved and combined, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt and cinnamon. Pour the melted brown sugar mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined. Then, stir in dark chocolate chunks.
- Pour granola bar mixture into the prepared pan. Use another piece of parchment paper and press the granola mixture firmly into the pan. Place into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into 12 equal sized bars using a serrated knife. Wrap in parchment paper and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.