This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Homemade Cracker Jacks made with caramel, popcorn, and peanuts makes a classic childhood treat!
The perfect blend of salty, sweet, and nutty are all in this favorite popcorn recipe for homemade cracker jacks. They are so simple to make that having the recipe may be kind of dangerous! Ha!
Great for making to serve at parties or to snack on during rainy afternoons watching movies, this is one treat that I think you’ll turn to time and again. I remember my Grandmother making this, especially in the late summer, and am so glad she gave me the recipe when I was married.
I made it to serve at a baseball birthday party we had for Little Buddy when he was a wee one and it was an absolute hit! It has been a request of his ever since! With one bite, it is so easy to see why!
Here’s the recipe Grandmother gave me for Homemade Cracker Jacks. I think you’ll love it!
Homemade Cracker Jacks Popcorn Recipe
- 2 cups salted red skinned peanuts
- 15 cups popped corn approximately ½ cup unpopped kernels
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 200º F.
- Place popped corn and peanuts in large bowl. Stir until mixed well.
- Place brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter into medium saucepan. Bring to boil and boil slowly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Pour over popped corn and peanut mixture, stirring until well coated. Spread evenly on two large baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight containers.