This easy cheesecake pie recipe makes the best recipe for cheesecake lovers. Creamy cheesecake filling bakes in a graham cracker crust and is delicious served plain or topped with whipped cream or your favorite cheesecake topping.
Cheesecake is always a well-loved dessert and this cheesecake pie recipe is perfect for both beginning and expert bakers. Made from scratch with five simple ingredients and baked in a graham cracker crust, it makes a beautiful and delicious make-ahead dessert any time of the year.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love this Cheesecake Recipe
- Delicious. The pie is creamy, silky, smooth, and tastes like cheesecake. Serve it plain or top it with your favorite cheesecake topping for endless possibilities.
- Easy. This quick and easy dessert recipe is mixed in one bowl, baked in a pie plate, and makes for a fail-proof dessert with all the deliciousness of cheesecake and simplicity of pie!
- Make-Ahead. This cheesecake pie is perfect to make ahead and serve throughout the holidays, when entertaining, or even for a busy weeknight. Bake, cool, and place it in the fridge until ready to serve.
How to Make Cheesecake Pie Recipe
Ingredients for Easy Cheesecake Pie
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Graham cracker crust – I love to use my homemade graham cracker crust. You can also use a storebought crust.
- Cream cheese – You will need your cream cheese to be softened.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar is used in this recipe.
- Eggs – Use room-temperature eggs.
- Vanilla extract – Adds excellent flavor to this pie recipe.
- Sour cream – Adds to the creamy texture and gives the pie a slight tangy flavor.
Step by Step Instructions
Make the crust. Prepare the graham cracker crust according to the recipe directions and bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 325º F.
Make the cheesecake filling. You can combine the ingredients for the pie filling in multiple ways. You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer, food processor, or mix by hand. Add the softened cream cheese, sugar, room-temperature eggs, vanilla extract, and sour cream to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a food processor. Using the lowest speed possible so as not to incorporate air into the mixture, combine the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Bake the pie. Pour the filling into the prebaked pie crust and bake until the center is almost set. Remove from the oven and cool for an hour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before slicing and serving.
Serve. Serve the cheesecake pie plain or top with your favorite topping, such as whipped cream and sugared cranberries (beautiful during the holidays), caramel sauce (delicious anytime!), strawberries, fried apples, or chocolate curls. The possibilities are endless!
Favorite Make Ahead Dessert
This pie comes together quickly with minimal hands-on time, but the chilling time in the refrigerator gives it an incredibly creamy and silky smooth texture. Make the pie up to five days in advance, store it in the fridge for up to 6 months, and store it in the freezer for serving during the holidays, when entertaining, or always to be prepared for a cheesecake “emergency.”
Leftovers. Store leftover pie in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Make Ahead. Store in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours and up to 5 days.
Freeze. Make the pie in a freezer-safe pie pan and wrap it well with a freezer-safe wrap topped with foil. Freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Here’s my easy cheesecake pie recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Easy Cheesecake Pie Recipe
- Prepare graham cracker crust. Prepare the crust according to the recipe directions. Bake 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven heat to 325º F.
- Make the cheesecake filling. Add the softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and sour cream to a large mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) on low speed and combine the ingredients until smooth and creamy. You do not want a fluffy, air-filled batter. Pour the cheesecake filling into the baked graham cracker crust.
- Bake the pie. Bake the cheesecake pie for 25 to 30 minutes until the center of the pie is almost set. Allow it to cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 5 hours to overnight before slicing and serving.
Cheesecake Pie Topping IdeasThe cheesecake pie is delicious served plain, but you can add your favorite cheesecake topping. Some favorites include salted caramel sauce, triple berry sauce, whipped cream, sugared cranberries, strawberries, or fried apples.
Storage TipsLeftovers. Store leftover pie in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make Ahead. Store in the refrigerator at least 5 hours and up to 5 days. Freeze. Make the pie in a freezer-safe pie pan and wrap it well with a freezer-safe wrap topped with foil. Freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.