This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe – A simple, no-bake peanut butter pie recipe that is perfect for the peanut butter lover!
Peanut butter pie. If there is a peanut butter lover in your midst, then I think they will love you forever if you make them this pie. And no baking required? That makes it even better!
This creamy peanut butter pie comes together in a snap with just five ingredients for the filling poured into a delicious crust. The peanut butter and cream cheese mixture come together for the ultimate creamy, dreamy pie.
Now, if your peanut butter fan also loves chocolate like we do, then by all means, be sure to use a chocolate crust. If not, a graham cracker crust is the way to go!
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
This peanut butter pie recipe is perfect for anytime of the year, but especially when you are looking for a delicious dessert that always impresses that doesn’t require a whole lot of effort!
How to Make the Best Peanut Butter Pie
To make the best peanut butter pie, I love to start with a chocolate cookie crust, like Oreos. I crush the cookies into fine crumbs and then spread into a pie dish and bake for about 5 minutes until set. This can even be done in advance if you’d like since you need the pie crust to cool completely before making your pie.
If you prefer, you can also use graham cracker crumbs for a simple graham cracker crust instead of chocolate cookie crumbs for your pie crust.
To make the filling for the peanut butter pie, you simple cream together your cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in your whipped cream, or you can use store-bought whipped topping if you prefer. Spread into the cookie crust and refrigerate until chilled completely, for at least an hour.
When ready to serve, top with ice cream or whipped cream, peanut butter cups and chocolate syrup, if you’d like.
Can You Make Ahead Peanut Butter Pie?
Absolutely! Prepare your peanut butter pie as instructed without adding the toppings for serving. Cover well with wrap and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. To serve, top with the optional toppings and serve.
Can You Freeze Peanut Butter Pie?
To freeze peanut butter pie, make sure that you use a freezer-safe dish, wrap well with freezer wrap and then place the pie plate into a 2-gallon freezer zip top bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then, top with the optional toppings and serve.
Other Pie Recipes You May Love
- KK’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe
- Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- French Silk Pie Recipe
- Pecan Pie Recipe
Here’s my easy as can be peanut butter pie recipe. I hope you love it!
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies such as Oreos
- 3 tablespoons butter
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 cups whipped cream or 1 8-ounce container whipped topping, thawed
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream optional
- 10 miniature peanut butter cups halved, optional
- chocolate sauce optional
- For the chocolate cookie pie crust, preheat oven to 350º F. Crush chocolate cookie sandwiches, until they are fine crumbs. Melt the butter and mix into the cookie crumbs until well combined. Press into a oven and freezer-safe pie plate. Bake for 5 - 7 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- For the peanut butter pie filling, cream together the cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in whipped cream and spread into prepared pie crust. Place in the refrigerator to chill completely, at least one hour.
- Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, peanut butter cups and chocolate sauce, optional.
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2014.