This honey nut granola recipe makes an easy, yet exceptional homemade granola. One recipe makes plenty for a week’s worth of parfaits, sprinkles for ice cream, breakfast and snacks or even to share!
One of the things that I love to make and keep on hand is homemade granola. It is one of those essential recipes that works as well for an easy breakfast along with a bit of fresh fruit, yogurt and a cup of coffee as it does for a super fast grab and go snack when portioned into individual bags or containers, or even for a dessert sprinkled on top of homemade ice cream or yogurt for a bit of crunch.
The possibilities are just endless.
Granola makes a great recipe to quickly throw together and bake for a simple homemade treat. It is great to store in an airtight container in your pantry to use throughout the week or to package into pretty glass jars to share with friends.
While I generally just use whatever ingredients I have on hand in my pantry for our granola, I love being a bit purposeful in changing the blend of ingredients for my granola recipe so that we don’t become bored with it. For this blend, I made sure the honey flavor was predominant as well as tons of crunch from nuts.
Here’s my Honey Nut Granola Recipe. I sure hope you love it as much as we do!
Honey Nut Granola Recipe
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups pecans sliced almonds, cashews
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Spray cooking spray on rimmed baking pan.
- Mix together oats, nuts and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir together melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well until all combined. Pour mixture into baking pan and spread evenly. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or allow cool completely and store in airtight containers.