This strawberry banana smoothie bowl makes a flavorful and delicious fruit, nut, and oat smoothie bowl! Great for breakfast or an afternoon treat!
Smoothies make one of my favorite quick breakfast treats, but lately I’ve been also loving them in the afternoons to keep us cooled off and fueled throughout the summer. So quick and easy, I can always depend on my family loving them.
This strawberry banana smoothie bowl concoction that I recently threw together has hands down been one of our absolute favorites!
To make my strawberry banana smoothie bowl, I begin with fresh strawberries, a ripe banana, and a few other ingredients. The recipe is about as simple as can be to make, which may be why it has been on regular rotation at our house this summer! And since school starts back here in less than a month, I know it will be regular once that hectic schedule starts.
When I’m making my smoothie bowl, I like to save some of the ingredients to top the smoothie bowl. I love the additional texture that it adds to it, but especially love how it looks when you serve it! The different colors and textures from the banana, strawberry, old fashioned oats, almond slices and chia seeds just make the whole dish more enticing when you see it, I think!
Now, if you have little ones, you may prefer to only top their smoothie bowls with the ingredients that you know they’ll love!
Here’s my Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup fresh strawberries reserve 1 for topping
- 1 ripe banana reserve slices for topping
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats + 1 teaspoon for topping
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds + 1/2 teaspoon for topping
- 1 tablespoon almond slices for topping
- Add whole strawberries, banana, almond milk, oats, and chia seeds to the container of a blender. Blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk if needed to reach the consistency desired.
- Top smoothie bowl with strawberry slices, banana slices, 1 teaspoon oats, 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds, and 1 tablespoon almond slices.
- Serve immediately.