My kitchen is hopping today with all the Christmas baking. Cookies, cakes, cinnamon rolls, and candies are all in the process of baking and cooking. I’ll wrap up trays and baskets to share as presents for the holiday as well as when folks drop by over Christmas weekend.
I posted on Facebook earlier that I wished I had smell-net today. Wouldn’t it be cool if you could bottle up that smell to spritz around later in the year?
I have to tell you though, these Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies instantly make your house smell out of this world delicious.
I really think you should try these cookies soon. You’ll love them!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose, flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar for rolling
- Cream together butter, sugars, and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Pour in molasses and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients into mixer and mix together until just combined.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour to chill or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and scoop walnut sized balls of dough and roll into smooth balls.
- Then, roll in the granulated sugar and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet leaving about 3 inches between cookies.
- Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.