What is it about pasta? I could eat it every day of my life and be a very happy girl. You’ll always find a stash of great pasta in my pantry including lasagna, linguine, angel hair, fettuccine, farfalle, elbow, fussilli, and penne are the most common you’ll see on my shelf. Each type can be cooked quickly and produce a scrumptious supper in just a matter of minutes. A great base of pasta is delicious served with sauteed or roasted seasonal vegetables like this Spring Asparagus and Tomato Pasta with Feta.
Oh my goodness! Is it ever yummy!
I cooked my pasta and the last 10 minutes that it was cooking, I drizzled olive oil in my skillet, added my asparagus and sauteed them quickly. Then, I added in the tomatoes and a sprinkle of seasoning. As the pasta was drained, I added it into my skillet with the olive oil, asparagus, and tomatoes and then tossed in hunks of feta cheese. After another little drizzle of olive oil, this dish was ready to serve!
It couldn’t have been any simpler to make and tastes out of this world!
You’ve just got to try it!
- ½ pound fettuccine, or your favorite pasta
- olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, cleaned and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- feta cheese
- Bring about 2 quarts of water to boil. Add about 3 tablespoons olive oil and ½ teaspoon of salt to the water for flavor and to prevent the pasta from sticking together as it cooks. Add pasta and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 10 to 12 minutes to your preferred tenderness.
- Meanwhile, drizzle about 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and saute for about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes.
- Drain pasta and place into skillet with asparagus and tomatoes. Toss to combine and add feta hunks to pasta. Drizzle with a little more olive oil if needed and add salt and pepper to taste.
I like to cook a pot of pasta once during the week and then store any leftovers in the refrigerator in a zip top bag to use for quick lunches and suppers on busy weeknights. It is a definite time-saver!Pin It