Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a welcome treat in my house – especially in my son’s opinion. So I knew it was only appropriate to kick off my week of handmade gifts ideas with this Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a jar.
Within just a few minutes, you can have a plenty of jars of Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix prepared for giving to teachers, neighbors, or friends on your gift list.
And who wouldn’t love to receive a jar of this cookie mix right by itself or as part of a gift basket?
If your friend is a baker, why not include a jar of this chocolate chip cookie mix with a new baking sheet or even tucked inside of a pretty oven mitt in your friend’s favorite color?
Of course you could also bake a batch of these chewy chocolate chip cookies as part of the gift in a beautiful basket with a jar of the cookie mix tucked inside as well.
If you are like me, you like to give thoughtful gifts that your friends and family will use. I think a jar of this cookie mix will definitely be perfect.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Printable
I’ve also created a printable that you can download, print and place on each jar to show the recipient how to prepare their cookies.
I’ve developed them to be easily printed on Avery rectangular labels, product number 22827.
Of course you can just print them on any type of paper you prefer and then adhere them with double stick tape as well.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Jar Recipe
Here’s how you assemble the Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a jar. This recipe provides the ingredients necessary to fill one, 1-quart Mason jar.
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Items You’ll Need:
- 1-quart glass jars with lid and ring
- funnel or parchment paper shaped as a paper cone
- silicon spatula or long handled, small spoon
- measuring cups and spoons
- printed label
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a large bowl. Using the funnel or paper cone, pour flour mixture into the bottom of the glass jar. Spread evenly with spatula or spoon to form a flat layer.
- Add layer of oats. Spread evenly to form a flat layer.
- Next, add brown sugar. Again, spread evenly.
- Add granulated sugar and spread evenly.
- Lastly, add chocolate chips and seal jar tightly with lid and ring
- Affix printed label.
I hope you enjoy assembling and giving these gift jars as much as we do.
I have such a fun week of great homemade gift ideas that I can’t wait to share with you!