Skillet Roasted Chicken has to be one of the easiest and most delicious, quick-fix chicken recipes.
Last week, I had girlfriends over for a get together and knew I wanted to include in the menu something that everyone would enjoy, but that wouldn’t have me working away in the kitchen when everyone arrived.
I knew this Skillet Roasted Chicken would definitely fit the bill!
There are just a few tricks to it that make it my favorite way to roast chicken. Ever. Really.
Let me tell you about them.
First, you are going to want to preheat your oven to 475 degrees while you get the chicken started on the stovetop.
You’ll drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil into a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. (You know how much I adore my skillets by now, right?)
Then, while your olive oil is getting hot, salt and pepper your chicken and place it skin side down in the skillet. This makes your chicken over the top, out of this world, deliciously amazing. You know it’ll be good when I come up with a huge string of adjectives, don’t ya?
Now, you’ll cook the chicken until it gets browned and then turn it and cook a little more until before add a few more things and then transferring to the oven to finish it off.
And in less than 30 minutes, you have this simple, yet oh so scrumptious skillet full of amazing chicken.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Here’s my Skillet Roasted Chicken recipe. Give it a try, make it your own, and enjoy!
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 chicken thighs, skin on
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 475º degrees.
- Heat 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat on stove or cooktop. Drizzle in olive oil and heat, but do not overheat to allow it to smoke. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken thighs and place the chicken skin side down into skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until chicken skin has browned. Turn and reduce heat to medium. Cook chicken until fat has rendered off, about 10-12 more minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika, nestle in whole garlic cloves throughout chicken thighs, and top with thyme sprigs. Place in oven and roast until chicken temperature registers 160º F when checked with an internal temperature prob, about 12-13 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.