Coconut Banana Bread makes a delicious quick bread recipe. Made of bananas, coconut, and other simple ingredients, this banana bread recipe will become a favorite!
This banana bread recipe is by far one of my husband’s favorites. And believe me, he loves, loves, loves banana bread. I think he’s as anxious for bananas to become overly ripe because he knows that I’ll be making a bread from it. And 9 times out of 10, he requests this coconut banana bread version. It’s easy to see why the minute you smell it baking in the oven! But, when you taste it, you will absolutely fall in love with it.
This bread recipe comes together really quickly and I love the flecks of coconut included throughout! They just add so much texture and flavor!
I sized this recipe to make one large loaf of banana bread or two smaller loaves. It’s perfect for making one for your family and sharing the other with neighbors or friends. You can also wrap the second loaf up tightly to freeze for later use.
Here’s my Coconut Banana Bread recipe. I think you’ll love it!
- 4 overripe bananas, peeled
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flake
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º F and spray one large loaf pan or two smaller loaf pans with baking spray to prevent bread from sticking.
- Mix bananas and sugar with electric mixer until well-blended.
- Add butter and mix until creamy. Add flour, eggs, coconut and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 300º F for approximately 1 hour for large loaf pan or 45 minutes for smaller pans.