This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Apple dumpling bites make a quick treat perfect as a fall snack or dessert! Filled with apple and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, these apple dumplings are sure to become a family favorite!
Have you ever had an idea for something and just couldn’t do anything else until you stopped what you were doing and went to try your idea? Sometimes, I can become a bit obsessed with an idea like that and have to just go right to the kitchen and make it. At times the idea is a complete flop and others, it’s like the angels are singing from above! As you know by now, I’m all about simple recipes that the whole family will enjoy and let me just tell you, these apple dumpling bites fit exactly into that frame of thinking!
They begin with a couple of rolls of good ole crescent rolls that you can pick up at the grocery store. I spread each of the individual rolls out and spoon in a bit of applesauce into the middle of the widest portion of the roll. Then, I carefully begin to roll the crescent roll over the applesauce, stopping about one or two rolls in to tuck the edges underneath as a I roll to seal in the applesauce. At this point, you have a couple of options. You can either bake your apple dumpling bites or quickly fry them. Once they are done, just sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve warm. Oh my heavenly days are they scrumptious! I think you’ll love them as much as we do! We love them while watching the game, camping and with a big bowl of ice cream!
Here’s my Apple Dumpling Bites recipe. I hope you love ’em!
Apple Dumpling Bites
- 2 large cans crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for frying, preferably peanut oil
- Open crescent rolls and spoon ½ teaspoon of applesauce onto the center portion of widest area of crescent roll. Roll crescent, tucking the tips underneath to close the dumpling.
- To Fry
- Add oil to a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed, deep pot. Do not fill over ½ full. Heat oil to 350º F. Carefully add dumplings a few at a time into the oil and fry until lightly browned. Remove from the oil using a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined baking sheet to drain. Dust with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon while warm.
- To Bake
- Preheat oven to 350º F and bake according to crescent roll package instructions. Sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon while warm.