This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Butter Pecan Ice Cream has to be one of my very favorites. So rich, buttery, with bites of perfectly toasty pecans mixed throughout each bite. Yum!
My butter pecan ice cream recipe is so simple to make and even more delicious to eat! It is the perfect ice cream recipe if you are concerned about using eggs in your ice cream and it doesn’t require you to heat the ingredients and cool prior to freezing.
In my book, that makes it about as perfect of an ice cream recipe as you can get!
Butter pecan ice cream is a favorite for so many people, including my husband, that I knew it had to be one of the first homemade ice cream recipes that I shared for the summer.
So easy to make, I simply toast my pecans with a bit of butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Then, I allow them to cool while I’m combining the rest of my ice cream ingredients. To combine the other ingredients, I cream together the heavy cream, milk, and softened cream cheese until smooth. Then, I mix in all of the other ingredients, finally stirring in the buttered pecan mixture. Finally, I let my ice cream maker do its thing and in just a bit I have over the top, delicious homemade butter pecan ice cream.
It’s all kinds of fabulous!
Here’s my homemade Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe. I think you’ll love it.
Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pinch salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch salt
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, add pecans and butter. Toast, stirring occasionally, until pecans are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add a pinch of salt to pecans while hot. Remove from heat and allow to cool while preparing ice cream base.
- Cream together heavy cream, milk, and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add in brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in cooled butter pecan mixture. Add to container of ice cream maker and make according to ice cream maker instructions.
- Serve immediately or remove from container and place in freezer for about an hour to harden
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Butter Pecan ice cream is 5 Star! Super easy. Super creamy. Delicious! Most time intensive piece is toasting the pecans but well worth the extra time.
Thanks so much, Brenda. I’m so glad you love this ice cream.
Hello, Butter Pecan ice cream is one of my favorites. I was wondering if this recipe could work making it in my Blendtec blender?
I haven’t tried making this in a Blendtec blender, Dee, but if you try it, let me know how it turns out.
I made this and it was fabulous! I have tried several of your ice cream recipes, and this was my favorite, and so easy to make! I just threw all the ingredients except the pecans in the blender and that worked perfectly.