If your house is filled with chocolate chip cookie lovers, then this may be just the recipe you are looking for to knock their little socks off just a tad. Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
I made them with Little Buddy a couple of days ago when he asked me if we could make cookies. I love to surprise him with taking things just a touch over the top every once in a while to keep him thinking his Mama is the best ever.
Maybe I have issues, but at least I’m owning up to them.
Basically, I started with my favorite chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, and then just pressed it into the bottom of a parchment lined baking sheet. I let the parchment hang over the side of the baking sheet by about two inches on either side so that I could easily remove them from the baking sheet for cutting and dipping.
While my bars baked, I assembled a couple of bowls of things to top the ends after they’d been dipped in milk chocolate. I raided the Halloween candy stash and found Snickers, Rolos, and Twix bars. Then, I pulled out some roasted pecan halves, sprinkles, and a few chocolate chips from the pantry. These are the items that I had on hand, but you could use whatever you have on hand or prefer to use.
Once I removed the bars from the oven and allowed them to cool a bit, I melted my chocolate in the microwave and cut the bars into – well, bars. Using my bench scraper, I divided the baking sheet in half lengthwise and then began cutting the bars about two inches wide across the width of the pan.
Then, we began dipping each bar in the milk chocolate and then topping them with candies, chocolate, or nuts that we’d assembled. Once each bar had been dipped and decorated, we placed them back on a sheet of parchment paper to dry. Well, a few were eaten on the spot, but most of them made it back to the parchment paper, let’s just say.
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars make a great treat to make in the kitchen with your children during the holidays and make a delicious gift to give as well.
Here’s the recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipes
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- assorted candies, chocolate, nuts, and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, including a two-inch overhang of parchment on both sides. Set aside.
- Prepare cookie recipe according to directions. Press cookie dough onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes until cookies are lightly browned and a toothpick comes clean when inserted in the center. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, lift parchment paper from baking sheet and cut into bars.
- In a separate bowl, melt together chocolate and peanut butter.
- Dip one end of each chocolate chip cookie bar into the melted chocolate and peanut butter. Then top with assorted candies, chocolates, nuts or sprinkles, as desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.