Chocolate ganache cookies make a delicious treat! Soft and filled with chocolate, these cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream!
Are you trying to think of a cookie recipe perfect for the chocolate lover in your life? Well, let me just tell you, this is the one!
These sugar coated, chocolate ganache filled confections are simply out of this world and perfect for sharing with someone special.
I can’t really take credit for them though. They were my husband’s idea.
Even though he isn’t a freak about chocolate like my son and I are, he still came up with the idea of these little babies! I was talking with him about my ganache recipe that I shared earlier this week and he low and behold his idea for this cookie was born.
I love it when that happens!
For the chocolate cookies, I prepared the cookie dough and then rolled them in a coarse sugar before baking. The sugar on these looks like like little diamonds all over these cookies. It’s almost like the are little gems themselves!
For the ganache filling, I used my favorite recipe and then let it cool completely. Then, once the cookies were also cooled completely, I added a scoop of ganache to the flat side of one cookie and then sandwiched it with another cookie.
They are to die for!
Here’s my chocolate ganache cookie recipe. Make ’em soon!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup coarse sugar for rolling cookies
- 1 recipe chocolate ganache filling, cooled completely
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
- Add granulated sugar to a large bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking. Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of coarse sugar and roll to coat well. Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches to 2 inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Prepare ganache filling according to recipe instructions and cool completely.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of ganache filling on the flat side of one cookie. Sandwich with another cookie.