This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These garlic cheese biscuits, similar to the Red Lobster biscuit recipe, and are perfect with everything from soups, salads, and so much more!
My son’s favorite biscuits have been my cheddar biscuits since we was a toddler. He’s learned how to make them on his own, but I still love to be in the kitchen with him as he’s making them. Those are usually where some of our best conversations happen. From me telling him stories from my childhood learning to cook with my Mama and Grandmother to him telling me about whatever is going on with his group of friends or talking about a movie we want to see. The conversation is always light, but is so meaningful. Those are truly some of the moments I wouldn’t trade for anything.
So, when we make this variation on his favorite biscuits, I know they are going to be something special. But then, each time that I taste them, I totally understand why we both love them so much!
If I’m serving a simple soup or a salad and feel like I need just a little something to send the meal over the top, I can depend on these babies to seal the deal. They are also perfect as a side dish for chicken recipes, beef recipes, and even fish and seafood recipes. Really, like I said earlier, they are practically perfect with everything!
Thankfully, they couldn’t be any simpler to make. With just a few ingredients, you have these amazing biscuits that everyone will rave over. Just be ready with extras and to hand out the recipe!
Here’s my Garlic Cheese Biscuits recipe. Make them soon!
Garlic Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- 1 Cheddar Biscuits recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 475º F.
- Cut shortening and very cold butter into dry ingredients of flour, salt, sugar, and garlic powder.
- Slowly pour milk into your dry ingredients. Mix lightly. Fold in grated cheddar cheese.
- Pour dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently pat into a round disc about ½ inch thick. Cut dough with a sharp metal or glass cutter.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of shortening to your baking pan and place into oven to melt, about 2 or 3 minutes. Once melted, remove from oven and tilt pan to make sure the bottom of the baking pan is well-coated.
- Carefully place each biscuit into the hot grease on the baking pan. You’ll hear a bit of a sizzle as the bottom of the biscuit fries a bit in the hot grease. Place the baking pan into the oven and bake until the biscuits have risen and are lightly browned, about 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Combine melted butter and garlic powder and brush tops of the hot biscuits with garlic butter mixture.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
So many great conversations happen in the kitchen! Great Recipe!
My kids will love this! Every time we go to the famous seafood restaurant, they fill up on the garlic cheese biscuits. Now we can make them at home!
You can buy the red lobster cheddar biscuit mix at Sams club and Walmart
That’s good to know. I bet they are delicious, too. Although, I’m not sure how much they cost, I always feel better making my own biscuits and these use ingredients I always have on hand.
these are definitely the perfect little savoury treats.. will be saving the recipe to recreate in my kitchen!
These sound so yummy!!! I really want to try these.
These biscuits looks delicious. I have never heard of this kind of recipe, I will surely try this at home, i hope mine will also come out delicious.
thanks for sharing this with us.
and one more thing that i want to add, i really like the name of your website 🙂
love love love, gona have these with your avocado/shrimp salad today, off to the store… thank you for shareing! 😉