Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe – Mushroom Cream Sauce makes a delicious addition to so many dishes. Serve this mushroom cream sauce over pasta, chicken, beef and so much more.
Mushroom Cream Sauce makes everything it touches amazing. Seriously. It is perfect with pasta, rice, chicken, and so many other dishes. But, I have to say that my absolute favorite thing to pour my mushroom cream sauce on is a big, thick, juicy steak. Oh baby!
My mushroom cream sauce is a bit different from any that I’ve ever tasted. And boy do I love it!
I start with big, meaty portobello mushrooms in a cast iron skillet with a little bit of butter and olive oil. Once I’ve cooked them down just a little bit, I start adding other ingredients to amp up the flavor.
Yes, that’s horseradish. I add just a little bit into the skillet with the mushrooms. The amount that I add doesn’t leave a heavy horseradish flavor, but definitely enhances the mushrooms.
Once I’ve reduced the mushroom cream sauce and just about ready to remove it from the heat, I toss in a bit of fresh parsley. It just brightens the sauce in flavor as well as visually.
Here’s my Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe. I think you are going to love it!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a medium cast iron skillet over low heat. Add in olive oil and mushrooms. Saute mushrooms until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in horseradish and heavy cream, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pepper and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.