A smooth, glossy fluff of meringue on top a dessert immediately grabs my attention. I can’t wait to dig into a scoop of banana pudding or a favorite pie just for the feel of the airy topping melting in my mouth just as soon as it touches it.
But you know, meringue is really one of the easiest things in the world to make if you just know a few tricks when preparing.
1. Separate your eggs while they are cold and then allow them to come to room temperature for the fluffiest meringue.
2. Always make sure the bowl you are using to make your meringue is scrupulously clean. Wash it and then wash it again just to be certain if you have to.
3. Take care not to over whip your meringue. It should have a smooth and glossy look.
4. Use cream of tartar to help stabilize the meringue to hold its form.
5. Place meringue about 4 inches under the heat and bake for about 10 minutes, just until the peaks have turned golden brown.
What are some of your favorite meringue topped treats? Do share.Pin It