Avocado Salsa makes a delicious dip with chips or topping for so many recipes. Made of fresh avocado, tomatoes, peppers, and onions, this avocado salsa is bright and refreshing!
I’m addicted to this stuff. Seriously. I can’t get enough of it. I eat it on my eggs in the mornings, as a side “salad” with lunch, and piled high on top of fish or chicken for supper. It is becoming a bit of a problem. I like to make my avocado salsa more on the chunky side, but if you like yours a bit smoother, just pop it into the blender or use an immersion blender to smooth it out to the consistency you prefer. Easy, easy.
Cool, creamy and crunchy all in one bite, avocado salsa has to be one of my favorite recipes. With a squeeze of lime, this salsa recipe becomes even brighter and brings together flavors for so many delicious dishes.
It truly is perfect to make and have on hand in the refrigerator for a quick snack with chips or to pile on top of a fish taco or a simple piece of roasted chicken. I have to tell you, I also love it on top of my scrambled eggs in the mornings, too! It just makes them sing! But, if you are having friends stop by or are entertaining, this definitely needs to be on your must-make list! Fair warning though, it will go quickly! You might want to consider making double or triple the recipe, you’ll be glad you did!
I love avocado salsa all throughout the year, but as the weather starts to warm up, it definitely is on the top of my list of cravings!
Here’s my simple recipe for avocado salsa. I think you’ll love it!
Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper deseeded and finely diced
- 1/4 bunch loosely packed cilantro chopped
- 2 limes zest and juice + lime wedges for serving (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine well. If you prefer your avocado salsa more smooth, pour into a blender or use an immersion blender to reach the desired consistency. Serve cool.