This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- Shrimp Salad is one of my favorite ways to enjoy shrimp. Seriously. What’s not to love about a fresh bed of greens topped with succulent shrimp and a few other ingredients? Not much in my book. And this Buffalo Shrimp Salad definitely is a love of mine.
Thankfully, this shrimp salad only takes a few minutes to throw together.
It all begins with tossing your shrimp into a skillet with a bit of butter and olive oil, garlic, and then, once your shrimp have fully cooked, you add in your favorite buffalo sauce.
Once that is all ready, you pile your plate full of your favorite salad greens, slices of red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, and then pile on the buffalo shrimp. Finally, you top it with hunks of blue cheese, if you like it, for one of the best shrimp salads you’ve ever tasted.
Here’s my easy Buffalo Shrimp Salad recipe. I think you’ll love it.
Buffalo Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- salad greens
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- blue cheese optional
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle olive oil into medium skillet and add butter over medium-low heat. Once butter has melted, add in shrimp and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the shrimp have turned pink, about 3-5 minutes. Add in buffalo sauce and cook another 1-2 minutes until thickened. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Place salad greens on each plate, topped with onion, cucumber, and tomatoes. Spoon on shrimp, being sure to spoon on additional sauce onto the salad. Top with blue cheese and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
This looks glorious! Love that spicy shrimp!
Thanks so much, Gaby. xo
This is so vibrant and this is the kind of salad my family would love!
Thanks so much, Missy. I love that shock of color that buffalo sauce gives. There’s just nothing like it.
I prefer shrimp over chicken any day!! Love this salad!
What a brilliant idea! I just made some Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas but it never occurred to me to do this with Buffalo sauce. Love it!
O M G… this is my favorite salad as of right now… and I usually hate salad, you have converted me lady!
I know I’ll love this! Looks amazing!!
I dislike you.
Mainly because i’m jealous of all the super yummy recipes you post up.
And it doesn’t help that i open your site right in the morning, and i start salivating and my tummy starts going crazy with its growling!
Wife loves shrimp, i’m definitely going to try this!
Such a beautiful, delicious salad! What is your choice of Buffalo Sauce? You know I’m pinning this!
I love buffalo chicken, so this looks delicious to me! What a great idea for a salad…thanks for sharing!
Robyn, your food recipes make everybody very happy. Simply delicious!!!
Who is the photographer?
Thank you so much. I take the photographs myself. 🙂
this looks so yummy! do you use fresh or frozen shrimp – does it matter?
You can use either. If you use frozen, just thaw them before use. I hope you enjoy it!