Peanut butter cookies are always a favorite! These simple flourless peanut butter cookies are delicious and perfect for those who are grain and dairy free!
Peanut butter cookies are one of those classic cookie recipes that I just never get tired of making – or eating! My regular peanut butter cookie recipe is full of peanut butter while being rich and buttery. They are a bite of heaven in my book! But, with a nephew who can’t have grain or dairy in his diet and hasn’t been able to since he was born, I’m often fiddling with recipes to try and make something that I think would work for him, as well as for anyone who isn’t able to have grain and dairy in their diets or is just living a grain-free, dairy-free lifestyle.
That’s where these flourless peanut butter cookies come into play.
Full of delicious peanut butter without any grain or dairy to be found in them. But you know what? You don’t miss either of those things in these cookies! Even if you aren’t in need of leaving out the grain or dairy in your diet, you will love them!
I recommend using smooth peanut butter and not a natural peanut butter in these cookies as the natural peanut butter tends to make these cookies a bit too dry for my preference. And let’s be real, who likes dry, crumbly cookies? Not me! I’m all about a soft, tender cookie instead!
This cookie dough comes together easily without the use of a mixer – just a bowl and a spoon are all that is needed to mix these ingredients together and in less than 20 minutes, you have these delicious peanut butter cookies ready to feed that craving!
Here’s my Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies recipe. I think you’ll love them!
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- sea salt
- coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Cream together peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and sea salt until well blended. Add in egg and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Drop tablespoon scoops of cookie dough batter onto prepared baking sheets. Press tops with fork. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven before they have begun to brown. While still warm, garnish with sprinkles of optional garnishes, if desired.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing to a cookie tray.