Orange Cranberry Salsa Recipe – Fresh cranberry salsa is a sweet fruit salsa recipe that adds color, flavor and wow to any dish! Perfect throughout the holidays!
Are you looking for a simple, make-ahead recipe that you can turn to throughout the holidays and it always impresses? Then friends, this fresh Orange Cranberry Salsa recipe is for you!
With just a few ingredients and no cooking included, this recipe is one that you are going to absolutely love.
This fruity take on a salsa recipe is just perfect for serving with chips, added to a sandwich or topping your favorite baked chicken, but if truth be told, I have not found a way that I do not absolutely love it!
Cranberry Salsa Recipe
How to Make Fresh Cranberry Salsa Recipe
To make it, you begin with fresh cranberries. You’ll want to wash your cranberries well under running water and remove any stems that may be left on the fruit.
You’ll add the cleaned cranberries and sugar to your food processor or blender and pulse just until the cranberries are well chopped, but not pulverized. You want substance to your cranberry salsa and do not want them to be overly mushy or one step away from a smoothie. 🙂
To my pulsed cranberries, I stir in my diced jalapeno, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, orange juice, and orange zest.
At this point, I like to refrigerate my orange cranberry salsa for at least 30 minutes, but the longer that you store it in the refrigerator, the better the flavors become! Which again, makes it great for a make-ahead recipe.
It keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week, but seriously, it will not last that long! Every time that I make it, it is gone with a day or so, especially once Bart knows that it is in the refrigerator.
He’ll add it to ham or turkey sandwiches, dip it in the afternoons with fruit slices or tortilla chips, or ask for orange cranberry chicken for supper. And you know what, I’m also guilty of gobbling it up, too! 🙂
It is truly irresistible!
Here’s my Orange Cranberry Salsa Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Orange Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- 1 12-ounce package cranberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- zest of 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Pulse cranberries and sugar together in a food processor or blender until cranberries are just roughly chopped.
- Pour the cranberries into a medium bowl and stir in chopped jalapenos, chopped green onions, chopped fresh cilantro and the zest and juice of a small orange.
- Cover the orange cranberry salsa and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to develop the flavors. Juices will also develop from the salsa, so straining through a slotted spoon for serving may be useful.
If you like your salsa spicier, you may leave in a portion or all of the seeds
Serve with: buttery crackers, tortilla chips, wheat crackers or as a topping on other dishes
Shop This Post: