Pineapple Jalapeno Popper Recipe – Sweet and spicy, these jalapeno poppers are made with a pineapple cream cheese spread, wrapped with bacon and baked to perfection!
Jalapeno Poppers make a delicious snack to serve anytime, but I made them the other night while we watched a game during the hockey game and I have to say were just the perfect thing to munch on during the more dramatic parts of the game. Whew! Hockey is surely not for the faint of heart, is it?
Made with my Pineapple Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread recipe that I shared with you all a while back, these pineapple jalapeno poppers really are the perfect blend of sweet and spicy! (Kinda like hockey, huh?)
I whipped up a batch of the cream cheese spread that we used in my chicken wraps for lunch and then had just enough of it to make a batch of jalapeno poppers.
I halved my jalapenos and deseeded them so that the poppers weren’t majorly hot. Leave a few seeds to your jalapeno if you prefer your poppers hot, hot, hot.
Then, I wrapped each tightly with a piece of thinly sliced bacon and secured each with a toothpick before baking them. You’ll want to bake until your bacon is cooked throughout and to your preference. Some like the bacon crispier than others, so just watch it for when you think it is perfectly done.
When done, allow them to cool for a few minutes and then carefully remove them from the pan by the skewers or with a spatula to a serving dish. I like to serve them with a little bit of pepper jelly either brushed on top while they are cooling or in a small bowl for dipping so that guests can decide for themselves.
Here’s my Pineapple Jalapeno Popper recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do.
Pineapple Jalapeno Popper Recipe
- 12 medium jalapeno poppers cut in half lengthwise with seeds removed
- pineapple jalapeno cream cheese spread
- 12 slices bacon cut in half
- pepper jelly optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Fill cleaned jalapeno half with pineapple jalapeno cream cheese spread. Be careful not to overfill as it will ooze out of the jalapeno poppers as they bake.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeno half tightly with a piece of bacon. Secure the bacon with a toothpick, if needed. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the bacon is cooked through and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with pepper jelly or brush with pepper jelly as cooling.