This stuffed spaghetti squash recipe makes a delicious grain-free, paleo friendly meal! So full of flavor, this dish will quickly become a weeknight favorite!
Oh spaghetti squash, how I love thee!
It seems like you guys love it just as much as I do, too!
I’ve gotten so many emails since I shared my favorite ways in how to cook spaghetti squash recently asking for some of my favorite recipes using it.
So many of you also indicated that you were also looking for recipes that would also follow a Paleo friendly lifestyle. Well guys, this one fits the bill perfectly!
It begins by cooking the spaghetti squash using whichever of the three methods that work best for you, slow cooker, oven or microwave. When I made it Tuesday, we were at our co-op all day so I used the slow cooker method.
When I got back home from the day at co-op and then running errands late that afternoon, the spaghetti squash was perfectly cooked, warm and waiting on me in the slow cooker. All I had to do was cook the meat sauce for the recipe and in less than 15 minutes, supper was on table.
I love recipes like that!
Here’s my Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe. I think you’ll enjoy it as much as we do!
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 2 small-sized spaghetti squash cooked
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 can 16-ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 can 6-ounce tomato paste
- Prepare spaghetti squash using your favorite of the three methods (slow cooker, oven, or microwave), making sure to cut into halves and scoop out seeds when cooked.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place cooked spaghetti squash with insides facing up onto a rimmed baking sheet. Use a fork and shred the spaghetti squash, leaving about 1/4 of an inch around the shell of the squash for stability. Remove the spaghetti squash strands to a bowl to be used later in the meat mixture. Set aside while preparing the stuffing mixture.
- Cook ground beef or turkey, in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain meat and then add garlic, basil, oregano and diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the meat, stirring to combine well. Simmer until sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Mix the spaghetti squash strands with the meat mixture and spoon about half of the meat sauce into each of the spaghetti squash shells, making sure to fill the spaghetti squash completely.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until heated throughout. Remove from the oven and allow to stand about 3-5 minutes before serving.