Valentine’s Heart Lollipops are a quick, easy, and delicious treat. They make a fun and festive candy, perfect for sharing!
If you are like me, you still have candy canes left from Christmas stashed in your pantry or around the house in early February. I can’t stand to just throw them away, so I use peppermint in various things until they are used up around Valentine’s Day. They are perfect to serve with my hot chocolate, to make a few more batches of peppermint bark, and to use in these adorable lollipops.
Table of Contents
How to Make Easy Heart Lollipops
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
For this recipe, you’ll need candy canes, candy melts, nonpareils or your favorite sprinkles, colored icing, and lollipop sticks.
- Prep. Lay a piece of parchment paper on your counter. Unwrap the candy canes and place two together to form hearts. Repeat until all of the hearts have been formed. Place a lollipop stick in between the bottom tips of the heart shape about 1/2- to 1 inch into the middle of the heart for stability.
- Melt the candy melts. Place the candy melts into a microwave-safe measuring cup with a handle. Microwave according to the package directions to melt the candy melts. Stir until smooth. Pour into the center of each of your heart shapes and spread to the inside edges of the candy canes with the back of a spoon. Repeat until all hearts are filled.
- Decorate. Sprinkle with the nonpareils or your decorations and using colored icing decorate the lollipops. It is fun to write a name, a word, a saying, or to draw a shape like a heart.
- Dry. Allow the lollipop to dry for about 10 minutes or until the candy melts have dried solid. Do not refrigerate or freeze or it will cause the candy canes to become sticky.
Here’s how you make them.
Valentine’s Hearts Lollipops
- 12 large candy canes
- 120 candy melts, your favorite color (I used pink)
- 6 teaspoons nonpareils
- colored icing, I used Cake Writer icing tube in Red
- 6 lollipop sticks
- Prepare counter top with a large piece of parchment paper.
- Unwrap candy canes and shape two together to form heart forms. Repeat until 6 hearts have been formed. Place a lollipop stick in between the bottom pieces of the heart shape with about 1/2″ to 1″ into the heart for stability.
- Using a large measuring cup with a handle, melt candy melts in the microwave according to package directions.
- Pour melted candy melts into the center of your heart and spread to the inside edges of the candy canes with the back of a spoon. Repeat until all hearts are filled.
- Sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Using colored icing to write a name, word or saying or to simply draw a shape like a heart.
- Allow to dry for about 10 minutes or until the candy melts have dried solid. Do not place in the refrigerator or freezer as it will cause the candy canes to become sticky.
Storage TipsStore in an airtight container at room temperature with parchment paper dividing the lollipops for 2 to 3 weeks. Do not refrigerate or freeze. You can also store in individual cellophane wrappers.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.