Our mornings can be chaotic! Getting everyone up, dressed, fed, and off into the morning routines had me begging for a better plan recently. It seemed most of my time in the mornings was spent in the kitchen preparing breakfast for my family and feeling rushed in the process. I just didn’t have the warm and fuzzy feeling about our morning routine. We were all over the place.
Ever have one of those mornings?
Yeah, me too. More than I care to mention.
Finally, I decided to plan a little bit ahead.
This past weekend as I was cooking lunch, I decided to go ahead and prepare my Breakfast Burritos that everyone in my family loves. After I cooked them, I let them cool and then wrapped them in parchment paper and foil. I placed them in the freezer for quick morning meals I could easily take out of the freezer, pop in the oven and serve to my family on weekday mornings.
It was a definitely win-win in my book. Delicious breakfast served without all the fuss.
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- Crumble sausage into pan over medium heat and cook until done.
- Remove from heat and drain. In same pan, saute mushrooms until tender.
- Remove from heat and add spinach to top of mushrooms.
- Allow to wilt from the heat of the mushrooms.
- Scramble eggs.
- Assemble burrito by layering with eggs, sausage, mushrooms, spinach, and topping with grated cheese.
- Wrap in parchment paper, followed by foil and place in the freezer.
- When ready to cook, grab a few of these delicious burritos from your freezer and pop them in your oven for 15-20 minutes until warmed completely.
We usually half each burrito and are stuffed!
These make-ahead, delicious Breakfast Burritos are a sure time saver and work for me!
And for mornings when you don’t even have 30 minutes, try my Mini Sausage Quiches for quick mornings on the go. Just top with cheese and pop a handful in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!