Chocolate Chip Muffins gives a nod to the classic cookie for breakfast! Made from scratch, these chocolate chip muffins will surely be a favorite!
Little Buddy is a chocolate chip fanatic. Add chocolate chips to his pancakes, waffles, milk shakes, and just about anything else and he’s ready to give it a try! For a while now, we’ve been making these little chocolate chip muffins that are just the right size to go along with a bowl of fruit for breakfast or even to grab for an afternoon snack. As he’s getting ready to head off to a week of camp soon, I’ve been trying to think of things that I can make that will keep well in his trunk for the week. As we were discussing it, he asked me to please make him a few batches of these little nuggets of deliciousness!
I know he’ll have great food while away, but I always like to send goodies from home with him. I’m sure it makes me feel a whole lot better than it does him. But… I’m going to continue to believe that at least with each of these little chocolate chip muffins that he takes a bite of while he’s away, he’ll feel like I’m there giving him a big ole hug! Please don’t tell me he’ll be out trading them for a jolly rancher or something like that like I did when I was his age at camp. I’m sorry Mama, but your cookies you sent with me got top trade that summer!
Here’s my Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe. I think you are going to love them.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray mini-muffin tin with bakers spray or coat well with butter and flour, making sure to discard any excess flour from the tins after coating.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes. Add an egg, one at a time, taking care to fully incorporate before adding the other. Mix in vanilla.
- Gently fold in flour mixture, alternating with milk. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and scoop mixture into prepared mini muffin tin, filling about ⅔ to ¾ full. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Once muffins have baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the muffin tin before removing for serving.