These Parmesan Mushroom Baked Eggs make the perfect busy morning breakfast or brunch recipe that doesn’t taste at all like it is a busy morning breakfast or brunch recipe.
What I mean to say is, these Parmesan Mushroom Baked Eggs take less than five ingredients, five minutes to assemble and about 15 minutes to bake, but taste like a you’ve worked tirelessly over them for a whole lot longer.
And we all know that some mornings, we just need a whole lot more than a pre-packaged breakfast to help us get through our day. Since these Parmesan Mushroom Baked Eggs are so quick to pull together and are packed with tons of flavor with little effort, you’ll turn to them time and again.
Here’s my Parmesan Mushroom Baked Eggs Recipe. I think you’ll love them!
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Garnish with chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Drizzle skillet or small rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Arrange mushroom caps in skillet or baking sheet pan. Carefully break egg and place into mushroom cap, taking care not to burst egg yolk.
- Top each egg in mushroom cap with a little of mozzarella cheese then with a tablespoon each of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until egg has set, mozzarella cheese has melted and Parmesan cheese has begun to brown slightly. Remove from oven and allow to set for about 3 minutes before serving. Top with chives as garnish, optional.