This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Warm Brie with Honeyed Fruit Compote makes a beautiful, quick and easy appetizer. Made with a honeyed cranberry walnut fruit compote, this baked brie recipe is festive for the holidays!
This baked brie recipe makes one of my go-to appetizer recipes and one that I am so excited to share with you all from the upcoming Add a Pinch cookbook. The warm oozy brie topped with the sweet, yet tart honeyed compote is always a crowd favorite and perfect for serving throughout the holidays!
It is one of the easiest and most versatile appetizers to make, too!
This baked brie appetizer uses just a handful of ingredients that I keep stocked in my refrigerator and pantry this time of year, making it perfect to put together when guests drop by throughout the holidays. Since it only takes about 15 minutes to make, it is no wonder that I turn to it time and time again for easy entertaining! I think you will, too.
But, let’s talk about the versatility for just a minute. In the book, I provide the perfect version of this recipe for spring and summer using berries along with this cranberry walnut version for the holidays. But you know what? You can easily adapt this recipe to include your favorite in-season fruits like peaches, figs, plums, and more! How great is that?
To make my Warm Brie with Honeyed Fruit Compote, I bake my brie until it is melty and oozy (don’t you love those words!), about 12 to 15 minutes. While the brie is warming, I make my compote by simmering fresh orange juice until it has reduced and then add my cranberries and orange zest and cook until the compote has thickened, about 5 minutes. I then top the warm brie with my fruit compote, walnuts and then drizzle the honey over top.
I love to serve it with fresh apple and pear slices, crackers, or even toasted baguette slices.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Warm Brie with Honeyed Cranberry Walnut Fruit Compote Recipe
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh whole cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel Brie cheese
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Simmer the orange juice in a 2-quart saucepan set over medium-low heat until reduced, about 3 minutes. Add the cranberries and orange zest and cook until the mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the Brie on a 12-inch round ovenproof serving platter or in a medium ovenproof skillet. Bake until the cheese is softened, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with the warm fruit mixture and the nuts, and drizzle honey on top. Serve immediately.
This recipe is from my upcoming Add a Pinch cookbook to be released March 2017 by Clarkson Potter. Available now for pre-order.