This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cheesy Mushroom Sausage Pasta Skillet Recipe – This cheesy mushroom sausage pasta skillet makes a delicious, quick meal. Made with portobello mushrooms, sausage, pasta, and lots of cheese, this one skillet pasta recipe is a people pleaser!
This one skillet cheesy mushroom sausage pasta recipe makes a delicious weeknight supper that is perfect for those busy weeknights. On the table in less than 30 minutes, it just couldn’t get much simpler to make. And it is easily adaptable to your family’s palate, you can turn up or dial down the amount of spice in this dish with the sausage that you use.
I’m not sure what it is about smoked sausage, mushrooms and cheese, but when you combine them in this pasta they become absolutely magical, I think! This past week was a rough one. I was a bit under the weather, Bart was traveling and Sam was buried in homework every night. Time got away from me as I was helping him study for his Biology test and I realized I hadn’t started supper a whole lot later than I normally would have.
I pulled out the ingredients from the refrigerator and pantry to make this quick and easy favorite, which made me feel a whole lot better about my mothering abilities! 🙂
Here’s my Cheesy Mushroom Sausage Pasta Skillet recipe. I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
Cheesy Mushroom Sausage Pasta Skillet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 12.8-ounce package smoked sausage , sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pint portabella mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with peppers
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces uncooked twirl pasta or ribbon or elbow pasta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley optional
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and mushrooms and cook until sausage has just begun to turn brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock and heavy cream.
- Add pasta and stir to make sure well-combined. Cover and allow to simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, salt and pepper and fresh parsley and serve warm.