This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps make the perfect quick, yet oh so delicious lunch or supper recipe.
In less than 30 minutes, these chicken fajita lettuce wraps are ready for devouring.
And believe me, they are devoured.
If you didn’t already know, my husband and son just returned from a week-long Scout camp. Their second one of the summer. I don’t believe I’ve ever been so excited to see them.
And then…. they began unpacking their laundry.
I know it probably isn’t exactly the thing to do to talk about dirty, stinky, camp laundry on a food blog, but I know you guys will understand. Hopefully.
I became totally consumed with sanitizing everything that they unpacked, making it smell the freshest of fresh, and getting it all neatly folded and put back away.
It took a whole lot longer than I’d anticipated.
Lost in my laundress overload, I totally lost track of time when all of a sudden, the Mister texted me that he was on his way home for lunch.
First, I thought, I’ll ask him to pick up something for lunch for all of us on his way home.
Then, I knew that just didn’t feel right since he’d been away from home eating camp cafeteria food for a whole week. I need to at least make something homecooked for him to eat!
I knew I had chicken tenderloins I’d just picked up at the grocery store and I always have lettuce, onions, and peppers on hand. So, I quickly threw together these chicken fajita lettuce wraps just in time to see his truck turn the curve in our driveway.
I’d done it. Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps on the table in less than 15 minutes.
I’ll take success where I can get it. Because, you know, that laundry took a whole lot longer.
Here’s my quick and oh, so simple Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps recipe. Make it sometime when you are in a hurry. Or not. Either way it’s fabulous!
Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 red, yellow or green bell pepper , or a mixture, sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- large Boston lettuce or Bibb lettuce leaves
- sour cream
- avocado sliced
- pico de gallo
- Drizzle olive oil into skillet over medium heat. Add chicken tenderloins and cook until browned on one side, about 5 minutes Using tongs, turn chicken to the other side. Once cooked throughout, remove from skillet to a plate and set aside. Toss peppers and onions into skillet and add Worcestershire sauce. Using tongs, move peppers and onions around in the skillet to make sure they are coated and cook on all sides. Once browned and tender, about 3 minutes, add back chicken along with any drippings. Remove from heat and set aside for serving.
- Arrange lettuce leaves, chicken and peppers, and all toppings for a self-serve fajita lettuce wrap station.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
This looks fab, Robyn! Lovelovelove that it’s so quick to pull together, too!
Sounds delicious and healthy!! Thanks! Pinning it!!
Excellent recipe quick easy and tasty