This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These delicious Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes are great to add to your menu! So easy to make ahead for a quick and easy weeknight meal or game day favorite!
These chili stuffed baked potatoes are absolutely delicious! And pretty perfect right about now. I have been making these potatoes for many years and they are a regularly requested item at my house. But really, why wouldn’t they be? Tender baked potatoes filled with a scrumptious (and easy!) meaty black bean chili and then topped with sour cream and cheese. Oh my! My family and friends love these chili baked potatoes!
The best part? They are perfect for a make-ahead meal or for preparing for a crowd for game day, tailgating, or serving as part of your Halloween buffet. They are perfect in every way!
Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
How to Make Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes
For these Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes, you’ll need:
- Russet potatoes – they bake into the most tender, delicious baked potatoes
- olive oil or butter – for coating the potatoes
- sea salt – for coating the potatoes
- Black Bean Chili – One of my absolute favorite chili recipes. It is meaty and perfect and comes together in 30 minutes!
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, etc.
While I give you the step by step instructions on how to bake your potatoes in the oven, you can also use my instructions for making your baked potatoes in the air fryer, slow cooker, or Instant Pot.
As your potatoes are cooking, prepare the Black Bean Chili. You can easily have this prepared in advance to reheat and serve stuffed in your baked potato once they have finished cooking, as well.
Serve with your favorite toppings. We prefer sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and shredded Cheddar cheese along with a sprinkle of cilantro or fresh parsley.
Make Ahead Instructions
1 hour ahead: Prepare potatoes and chili. Keep potatoes in the oven at 200º F. Keep the chili on the stovetop on warm, stirring occasionally. When ready to serve, assemble chili stuffed potatoes following the recipe.
24 hours to 2 days ahead: Prepare potatoes and chili. Allow both to cool completely and then store in airtight containers in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, reheat the potatoes for 20 minutes in a 350º F oven. Reheat the chili in a microwave safe bowl for 3 minutes at 50% power. Stir and repeat until the chili has completely warmed.
Here’s my Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe. I hope you love it!
Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 6 Russet potatoes
- olive oil or butter
- sea salt
- black bean chili
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Adjust oven rack to the center of the oven. Place second oven rack underneath with a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil to catch any drippings.
- Scrub potatoes with a medium bristled brush. Rub with olive oil or butter and sprinkle with sea salt. Pierce the potato with a sharp knife or fork about 3-5 times around the potato to allow steam to escape as cooking. Place directly onto the oven rack placed in the center of the oven.
- As potatoes are cooking, prepare black bean chili according to recipe instructions.
- Test potatoes for doneness by squeezing the center of the potato while using a pot holder to determine if tender or checking the internal temperature of the potato with an instant read thermometer. The potato should register 210º F.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and place on the sheet pan used on the rack underneath or another platter for serving.
- To serve, split open potatoes with a knife and gently squeeze the potato from both ends to open the contents. Using a large spoon, ladle black bean chili into the center of the potato. Top with sour cream, cheese and optional garnish.