This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Chocolate Chip Muffins give a delicious nod to the classic cookie for breakfast! Made from scratch, these chocolate chip muffins will surely be a favorite!
My son has always been a chocolate chip fanatic. Add chocolate chips to his pancakes, waffles, milk shakes, and just about anything else and he’s ready to give it a try! For a while now, we’ve been making these little chocolate chip muffins that are just the right size to go along with a bowl of fruit for breakfast or even to grab for an afternoon snack.
Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
These chocolate chip muffins are a perfect breakfast and brunch treat and always a hit for snacks like I mentioned. I have made them for showers many times too and they are always a favorite! And these made from scratch muffins couldn’t be any easier or more delicious!
Here’s how I make them.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins
- flour – I used all-purpose flour for these muffins.
- baking powder – baking powder is used in this recipe to help the muffins rise when baking.
- butter – I use unsalted, softened butter for this recipe. You may like my tip for how to soften butter in a pinch!
- sugar – I use granulated sugar for this recipe. You can also use your favorite sugar substitute formulated for baking, such as Splenda.
- eggs – you’ll need two large eggs for these muffins.
- vanilla extract – I use my homemade vanilla extract (tip: it makes a delicious and great gift!), but your favorite vanilla extract works perfectly. Just make sure to use vanilla extract and not imitation vanilla flavoring, if possible. It makes a huge difference in the finished flavor, I think.
- milk – you can use whole or low-fat milk in this recipe or your favorite plant-based or dairy-free milk, such as Lactaid.
- chocolate chips – use your favorite chocolate chips for baking such as dark, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate.
Step by Step Instructions
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 375º F. Spray your mini-muffin tin with baker’s spray or coat well with butter and flour. Discard any excess from from the tins after coating them.
- Sift dry ingredients. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar and egg. Cream together the butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes. Add an egg, one at a time, being sure to fully incorporate before adding the next. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Fold. Fold flour mixture into creamed butter mixture. Alternate with milk. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop, bake and serve. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling 2/3 to ¾ full. Bake until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in muffin tin before removing for serving.
I hope you and your family and friends enjoy these chocolate chip muffins as much as we do! They are perfect for everything from breakfast to snacks to bridal showers!
More Muffin Recipes We Love
More Muffin Recipes
Here’s my Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe. I think you are going to love them.
Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray mini-muffin tin with bakers spray or coat well with butter and flour, making sure to discard any excess flour from the tins after coating.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color, about 3 minutes. Add an egg, one at a time, taking care to fully incorporate before adding the other. Mix in vanilla.
- Gently fold in flour mixture, alternating with milk. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and scoop mixture into prepared mini muffin tin, filling about 2/3 to ¾ full. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Once muffins have baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the muffin tin before removing for serving.