This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Citrus sorbet with meyer lemons makes a delicious and yet so easy treat.
I have been loving all things citrus lately. And this past week, I saw my favorite lemons at the grocery store – Meyer Lemons. It was pretty funny how excited I became when I saw the little display of Meyer Lemons. So lovely with their unique coloring and just sitting there in their basket waiting on someone to take them home and make something wonderfully delicious with them. So I grabbed as many as I respectably could.
Have you ever been that excited about buying something at your grocery store? Oh I sure hope so.
I certainly hope that you like lemons, too! Because I want to share this fantastic sorbet with you.
Sweet and tart and like a spoonful of sunshine in every single bite. Here’s to an early spring!
Citrus Sorbet with Meyer Lemons
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice with pulp
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- simple syrup of 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water
- Make a simple syrup by heating sugar and water over low to medium heat in a medium saucepan until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Zest lemons and orange and set aside.
- Juice lemons and oranges into large measuring bowl.
- Add zest to juices and combine with simple syrup.
- Pour into your ice cream freezer and allow to process by freezer directions.
- Remove from ice cream freezer and serve immediately or store in an airtight container in your freezer.