Classic Cheese Quesadillas
Classic cheese quesadillas are without a doubt the most requested meal at lunchtime around my house, especially when the weather gets cooler. A cheese quesadilla is delicious alongside a cup of tomato basil soup or with a side of apple slices and is pretty yummy just right by itself.
Here’s how I make it.
- 2 tortillas
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Drizzle of olive oil, grape seed oil, or a tablespoon of melted butter
- Place tortilla on griddle drizzled with olive oil (or substitute listed above) over medium heat.
- Add cheeses and top with second tortilla.
- Cook until bottom tortilla begins to brown and cheese softens, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until tortilla is browned and cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and cut into 6 wedges