Easy No Bake Cookie Bars Recipe
These No Bake Cookie Bars are so simple to make and even more delicious to eat! Made of oats, chocolate, peanut butter, these no bake cookie bars are a favorite!
One of my favorite memories growing up was making no bake cookies with Mama and my sister. They were always a special treat that we looked forward to making together and one that now I love making with my own family. For some time now, I’ve also loved giving those little cookies a little twist and turning them into these amazing no bake cookie bars.
No matter how many times I make them and serve them, they are always raved over, gobbled up and the recipe requested. They are delicious like that. And if you are like me, then those are the kinds of treats you want to make and share with friends and family. Anything else would be a waste of time! Right?
And now that we are kicking of the Christmas season that is surely filled with parties, get togethers, and more goings on that your calendar can handle, an easy recipe that you can make to bring along to a party or slice up and wrap a few as a homemade gift for friends is a definite winner in my book, too!
To make these cookie bars, it begins very much like those no bake cookies my family loves so much. But, I toss in a few more things just to give them a deeper flavor and a little different kick. Of course, if you prefer that old family favorite, just use that recipe and make into bars. Everyone will adore it, too!
Or… here’s an idea, make them both! That way, you have that favorite as well as the newer twist on the classic!
Here’s my recipe for my No Bake Cookie Bars recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup nutella or creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2¾ cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flake
- Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray or coat lightly with coconut oil.
- Add sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder to a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil for about three minutes. Remove from heat and stir in nutella or peanut butter, vanilla, salt, oats and coconut. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Allow to dry for about 15 - 20 minutes until firm.
- Slice into 16 individual bars.